Welcome to our blog!! Feel free to email us privately with any comments/questions at Johnbeth91@aol.com

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello...I want to thank everyone for their comments and prayers for our family....It was overwhelming...I know a few people had some questions, so I thought I'd give some answers.  I love the people who post anonymously.  If you have questions, please feel free to ask them..negative or positive.  I know when I open my story to the public there will be some who don't agree or who don't even Like the approach I take to my life...and frankly, you have your right.  Even the negative comments have a place.  To anonymous who asked why we would bring another child into this world to suffer after we lost one already..I have this to say...Thank you so much for taking enough of an interest in our family's story to comment...but you misunderstood our story.  I had my older son Zachary first.  He is ten and unaffected by EB.  My second child was our baby Sarah.  She died shortly before birth in utero from complications totally unrelated to EB.  We had never heard the word EB until my son Casey was born, so I did not bring a child into this world knowing he would have EB and suffer. It was a tremendous surprise to us.  Without going into my personal life too much, we took every precaution available to us to assure that we would not have another child AFFECTED by EB and as a result, Becky did not suffer from EB.  So, with that being said, the answer to your question "anonymous" is just that .  We had no idea that Casey would have EB..Our daughter's death had nothing to do with EB. Next time become part of our circle of friends and leave your name so I do not have to address you publicly.  It was not hard to read your comment at all so no apologies are needed.  I'm sorry I've intimidated you into posting anonymously with your thoughts.....I hope I've cleared things up....

1 comment: